Exercise for the Elderly

By reeselite

March 6, 2008

Category: Daily Bite

2 Comments »

Yeah, that’s me.

Courtesy of Tom Venuto’s Super Lean. It covers dropping your body fat percentage very low, breaking through plateaus, and losing the last stubborn, will-not-budge 10 pounds.

One that works really well for me and for my clients is 90% compliance. I give you a list of clean foods like the ones that I mentioned before that include high nutrient density foods with all the essentials and I say, “Eat these 90% of the time. The other 10% of the time, eat whatever you want.”

If you look at it from this perspective, then you can see that there’s no such thing as forbidden foods. For most people, in the long run, any diet that gives you flexibility is going to work better than a diet that demands 100% “clean eating.” This is not only my personal belief, it’salso well supported in the clinical nutrition and behavioral psychology journals.

90% compliance is what got me through the plateau that had me hung up for months. I know that it is not what will work if your goal is to hit the stage in hooker heels and lot’s o’ bling, and KUDOS to you if that’s your goal, but it’s not exactly for moi.

I lost the stubborn 25 pounds just before my cervical discs went all herniated on me, which gave me the perfect excuse to quit working out. And I did. So here I sit, with roughly 20 25 pounds left to lose.

I am looking in to Turbulence Training today. It seems to be doing Skwigg’s body good. 🙂

Back to Photoshop.

Advertisements

2 Responses to “Exercise for the Elderly”

  1. Hey reese

    not sure if you have ever did online training but you should check out Tony I woule recommend him the program is detailed and he is very supportive and the price is great for what you get.

    p.s I love swiggs blog , I bought the precision program 2 years ago but for me I need someone at my heels and Tony does that , but PN is a great program as well

  2. Ahhhh, Tony.

    I signed on with him after I had Drew. Like six weeks after. Russ even signed up too! We were work-out buddies for awhile there….it was fun. 🙂

    I’m not sure that I will do Precision Nutrition…but I will definitely be getting some meal ideas from her What I Eat page. Good combo’s of carb/protein.

    I actually have to go to a pain clinic once a month, two herniated discs in my neck. I’m not supposed to lift anything heavy (try telling that to my one-year-old!) but I did get the go ahead to work back in to Pilates and some body-weight resistance training.

    I still have managed to lose weight throughout it all, it’s just those last pounds that have proven stubborn.

    But that’s just because I have been slack. Maybe if I go ahead and buy my swimsuit and hang it on my elliptical…..

    🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: